4.01.2007

spring break

I am incredibly blessed with amazing housemates!! I just spent the past two days with two of my housemates, Lux and Chicago. We wanted to get away for a real Spring Break rather than sitting around and doing the homework that is always assigned to ruin the holiday. So, we set out Friday afternoon to Whittier and dropped our stuff at my Aunt Ellen's house before going down to the swing club, Memories. We all took the lessons. While Chicago took the intro class, Lux and I headed up to the second floor and learned the Shim Sham. That was probably my third lesson ever and I enjoyed the fact that we learned something that I wouldn't normally pick up from following!

The dancing was amazing and I definitely went a bit overboard, dancing nearly every song. I could probably last longer if I knew how to pace myself. Until then, I will continue to lie awake the night of dizzy and nauseous. The next morning we got ready, read our Bibles, ate breakfast, and drove up to LA.

We walked around the Fashion District and Lux got a few things before my Big Sis drove down and met us for lunch. Lunch sucked. The food was decent but the service was awful so, we left there pretty fed up with the Fashion District and drove up to Beverly Hills to go to the Beverly Center mall. I got my Banquet dress and enjoyed the fact that there was some Sanrio inspired store there that had Hello Kitty guitars.

After the mall, we drove down to Huntington Beach and met up with Kyle, a friend from swing dancing. The five of us drove down to the pier and ate at Ruby's. The food was good and the service was as well... finally. Dinner was definitely a highlight with random topics, awkward comments, and memorable quotes. This was the perfect way to end the trip of the semester and I couldn't imagine the trip any other way!

Thanks to everyone who was a part of the trip, the fun, the drive, the exhaustion, the shopping, the laughs, the awkwardness, the dancing, the jokes, and the relationships created.

I love you guys.
You're amazing.

No comments: