5.12.2009

my life, consumed by deadlines

To be completely honest with myself, this year has not been a year of enlightenment for me. I've fallen away from all of the best things. I don't pray as much. I don't read my Bible. I don't commune with my Christian friends. And I find it extremely difficult to even make it to service on Sundays (often, I end up listening to podcasts). It saddens me. When I ended up going to church by myself on Sunday, I realized that I needed to do something and writing about it on here was the first thing I could think of. I know that my loved ones read this and can help me be stronger. So that's what I'm asking for... encouragement and support.

The reason my walk has faltered so much is due to the course load and stress of this accelerated program. I was beyond stoked when my photo project ended because I didn't have to worry about it anymore... as you can see, my blogs have become more and more pointless... I suppose there are worse things then that (see above), but it was a part of my routine and a part of me that I enjoyed and a part that allowed me to express my faith. Without the time to express my faith in the ways I have become accustomed, I just stopped.

Does anyone have ideas for me? How can I get plugged back into the source while maintaining the schedule that I only have to keep up for another two months? I'm going to go to church EVERY week, whether or not I have too much work, so I'm confident about that... But I need a daily thing. Something that will either allow me to get filled or pour out. I need God. Can you help?

3 comments:

veronica said...

mm. i love just reading through proverbs. or read one psalm a day.
and reflect on it.

it helps, love.

Sarah Ann Marie Mendez said...

maybe when you break for a meal you should just take that time to step away from the projects maybe actually sit at the kitchen table just eat and pray. dont let the stresses of work follow you to meal time

Melissa Klausman said...

You're right. You need God. We all do! I can tell you I feel the same way sometimes. I hate it when I'm not in the Word as much or praying as much. It sucks! It's like loosing a best friend, but worst. The thing is we need to allow the Holy Spirit to work through us and to minister to us, otherwise reading our Bible, praying, and going to church becomes religious. Without a passionate relationship with our Jesus, we got nothin! I will lift you up in prayer my friend. This is just a test. Be encouraged that God has amazing plans for your life and is SO in love with you! He wants your time just as much as you want to give it to him. There's not really a formula, just a love story. May you burn with passion the way your bridegroom burns for you! In Jesus' Name! :)