10.07.2009

with time: clarity & growth

kenya africa, originally uploaded by p r o m i s e.


It has only been a few days and I have much to learn about myself and my faith, but I feel at peace with a lot of things in my life that I knew prior. I forgot a big part of who I am and in turn, loss a sense of worth.

Something I believed before (but not as strongly) and I now believe more and more is that God doesn't have just one person that is meant to be your spouse. I think love and marriage is a choice; a choice made by each person to commit to the other, whether or not the time spent with them is always good or the spark of novelty or passion is present in the relationship.

Finding "the right one" does not magically flip a switch in you, making you capable of commitment and servitude. Finding "the right one" will not make you stronger, unless you make the effort to become strong yourself. More convincingly, finding "a right one" gives you the opportunity to practice commitment and servitude in a new way. Finding "a right one" will provide you with the foundation to grow alongside another, either building them up and in turn, becoming stronger, or becoming comfortable, causing you to become dull in will and faith.

If you are hunting for "the right one," it's quite possible, and highly likely, that what you need is to find "a right one" in yourself first. I will continue loving, trusting, and serving the people around me. I will not agonize over time spent without God as my center and guiding light, but commit to memory the feeling of relief and comfort when I returned. Now, when I meet and get to know a man, who I think may be "the right one," I will make sure he is "a right one," who knows what it means to fight for a relationship with me and, more importantly, with God.


blessings
no bills to drain my remaining $200
turning in finished homework
receiving an A on my math exam
the fifth head of cerberus
MY DADDY'S GENEROSITY (thanks for the soda & chips)

No comments: