11.11.2009

ravings in a late night posting

TMA_5649, originally uploaded by fritz1948.


I am posting late, because I just got home from an amazing night of dancing. It's amazing how much more fun you can have when you're in a good place.

I spent my morning sleeping in, eating eggs for breakfast, and doing a bit of dishes. I took off around 10:50 to get my car fixed and what was supposed to be a 45 minute job, turned into four hours. But I didn't mind at all. Actually, I didn't even notice that it had been that long. I wasn't hungry because the eggs really held me over and I was busy correcting and commenting on two peer writings. Once I finished with those, I started reading the Watchmen, so I've read the first chapter. It was really great to get things done.

Once home, I said goodbye to my parents, who left for the evening, and did a few things on my computer before finishing up the dishes, doing laundry, and completing my statistics homework (which was an utter bear!). It feels so good to get it all done and tomorrow, I will concentrate on typing up the commentaries and the poetry review I went to last week, as well as study for Friday's stats quiz. I felt accomplished and ready for a reward, so I went out to the Firehouse.

I miss dancing and tonight was the perfect night to get back into it. Mind you, I was exhausted after staying in sick for two weeks, but I didn't hold back and the dances were fantastic! I want to get out as much as possible and I ought to do it now, before the show really starts to pick up!

. : .

As for God's stirrings in my life, today, as you can probably see, was a complete blessing. I stayed in high spirits. I was very productive. And I had plenty of time to spend with Him. Before my day started, I got up and read my Bible. Something that I read last night and again this morning was Luke 4, which tells the story of Jesus avoiding the Devil's temptations. It reminded me of all we have been talking about at church and in community group. Jesus was able to delay gratification in order to acquire a greater gift in return.

It's as simple as that.

Why don't you have sex? God says not to... No! God has something greater in mind for me and I don't want to miss out on that, if it ever presents itself. So, why aren't you out dating? Well, I want to... No! I am waiting for the person God has for me and feel no need to hurry the process by seeking him out.

It's not about what I want or how I feel right now. It's about the long-term effects of the decisions made now. That includes the intentions behind what it is that you choose. I have been making "right here, right now" decisions and I am taking necessary steps to reverse that!

Any thoughts, comments, recommendations? :]

No comments: