12.03.2008

love notes via text messaging


I received several texts today from various people... None stood out to me as I tore through my history text and books on the Columbian Exchange for my presentation tonight, but two small texts from Greg. I was just finished and hurrying to print my paper and run out the door when I received them. The first was this:

I'm freaking out.

Immediately, I reacted in a very selfish way and began with my mental gripes about how I had it so much worse than he could right now, after spending a full day rushing through text to get a half-assed and only slightly-intelligent response to the prompt that simply directed me to study the Columbian Exchange. That was all I had!! Everyone else had a in-depth question that forced them to think and dive into the material to find an answer and I had nothing. I had to make some in-depth response out of the most obvious prompt I could possibly imagine. However, I held myself back and just asked him, "why?" Just as I hopped in my car to head to class, he responded with this text:

Cuz my heart doesn't ache. I have nothing to be sad about. I'm too happy. I don't have anything to brood over and figure out solutions to.

I prayed as I drove to class, thanking God for His blessings.


Gems:
pasta
rest
time
completion
gifts from God!!

No comments: