Preferred Edit, originally uploaded by perkyNbLue.Now, don’t kill yourself reading though all 216 passages in detail. Just skim though them, reading the bolded “I am the” phrase with the text surrounding it.
There will be a few verses that are not speaking about God. Just skip over those, the point is to read through all the verses where God is declaring to His people who He is. For example, the second hit in the TNIV will say, “”I am the daughter of Bethuel, the son that Milkah bore to Nahor.” Now, the daughter of Bethuel is probably important for reasons of her own, but she is not who we are reading about today. Instead focus on the verses that remind God’s people what he has done for them, such as Exodus 29:46 which reads, “They will know that I am the LORD their God, who brought them out of Egypt so that I might dwell among them. I am the LORD their God.”
The point is just to get an overview reminder of what God has promised to his children from the beginning of time. What has he always told us about himself? What has he always wanted us to know? What does he want YOU to know TODAY?
Skim through theses passages, then spend some time reflecting on what God is saying to you today. What is he saying to your worries, your fears, and concerns? If you have a journal out, write down what God is saying to you.
Originally posted by, Corrie Klekowski
No comments:
Post a Comment