3.08.2009

my guide, my light, my Savior

savior, originally uploaded by evrimgallery.

The message at Flood today was perfect. Most people left feeling convicted, but I left feeling a lot less burdened. I've made myself tired and weary stressing over the completion of this program. The bottom line is that I've been demanding a certain performance of myself without relying on God, relying on His will, WHATEVER that may be.

I assumed that He placed me in the program to do well, complete it, excel, and move on, but He may have other plans. He may have me where I am, knowing that I will not do well and I need to be okay with that. I am not defined by my performance in this program, but by His grace. That does not mean that I'm going to stop trying, but it does mean that I'm going to stop worrying about what is still to come!

Throw down your idols and look only to Him.


Gems:
daylight savings
morning service
teary-eyed prayers
the burden lifted
looking back to Him

1 comment:

Kristin Murdock said...

I loved the message yesterday as well! AND I think we saw you leaving church, but you were on the phone so I thought I wouldn't run up or yell your name super loud. :)
Let's catch up! Maybe later this month or in early April you guys can come over again!