11.09.2009

i'm living the unexamined life

091031-Cedar01, originally uploaded by DanielleQ.


So this weekend, my church is participating in a fast, from food or anything else that by abstaining would bring you closer to God. I am giving up television (yes, that includes episodes or clips from the internet) and music. Now, music is not bad to me at all, but in order to hear God, I want to remain in silence as often as I can, thus no music.

I am always thinking and today wasn't any different, but for some reason it felt more important, more significant. I have down lately (as you know) and the past few weeks I've been sick and run-down. It could be that I feel so broken or just because I'm so emotional as of late, but either way, I have thought of a few topics that I would like to blog about this week:

a dependency on technology
insecure & out of synch: my plan?
in need of another: am i weak?
motherhood: selfless and selfish
career woman vs. mother: may i?

[the last two may be combined]


They are just beginnings of thoughts right now and since it is a holiday on wednesday, I should have plenty of time to mull over the things I want to say and how I want to say them. I am just going to try to allow God to stir in me and work things out inside of me. I have much to overcome and I am unable to bear the burden alone alone any longer. God, please, overwhelm me.


side note: Mita's engaged, Stang is preggers, and my cousin, Matt, just proposed to his long-time girlfriend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you?

I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not leave you a comment.

I too have a blog that I use out of Southern California here in San Diego.

Mostly it is a collection of artistic expression, and I have many friends with the same interests, maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

Well I hope to hear from you soon, and or read about you….LOL

Sincerely,
Jess