"I'm Fine", originally uploaded by Ally Jade.
How do you deal with someone in the workplace who talks down to you and says things that are hurtful and untrue? It was difficult to stand there and take the verbal abuse. I hate that I can't do anything about it. :(
1 comment:
That is totally unprofessional. I would start by talking to this person - unless they're really malicious, they might not realize that what they're saying is so hurtful. The next step would be to talk to your supervisor about it. If this person is your supervisor, then speak to their supervisor, or someone on their level who you might think of as a mentor. If these suggestions won't work in your situation, or you need to go further, you could also speak to an HR person, if you have those. But in my opinion, it's usually best to start close to the source (e.g. the person themself, or your own boss), before escalating the situation. Good luck :o)
Post a Comment