1.11.2010

ain't crazy: wild as she is free

Montreal Bagel & Blues, originally uploaded by Laura Slotkoff.


*sigh*

I'm trying too hard to put this weekend into words. It was an amazingly uplifting and spiritual experience, filled with new friends, old faces, superb dances, and an intensity that one hardly ever experiences. My body is heavily bruised and slightly beaten, but every ounce of pain is completely worth it... without them, I find the entire weekend difficult to believe. If someone posts a picture, I may have a piece of more substantial proof, but you never know with these things. There are a few leads, in particular, that I was especially sad to see leave.

It really made me start thinking about moving again. I really want to live somewhere where I can go out blues dancing and not have to worry whether there will be any leads... not that I haven't started remedying the problem already. I've taken to dancing with follows and thanks to David, from SF/Portland, I understand more about leading myself. I just need a follow with a strong frame and to believe in my abilities and then, I'm fine. LoL.

This week, I hope to finish the necessary substitute paperwork and get into the system as quickly as I can. I may even schedule an appointment to work with Kaden, my kindergarten friend. It would allow me to get reacquainted with the teaching process and allow him to grow as we work on various literacy techniques.

HERE'S TO LIFE IN 2010!! :)

When the music starts to playin'
She slides out on the floor
Dancing without a partner
Swaying on the two and four

There's a rhythm in her footsteps
And a flower in her hair
A smile on her face
Cause she's in a place
Where she don't have a care

She ain't looking for no lover
She ain't looking for a romance
She just wants to dance
She just wants to dance
Yeah, she just wants to dance
Ooo, she just wants to dance


Well she's moving kinda lazy
And it's obvious to me
This little girl ain't crazy
She's as wild as she is free

She can feel it in her fingers
And it moves on down her spine
And when it hits her hips
She parts her lips
And you know she's feeling fine...

No comments: