Last night, I made dinner for David and myself. I still have random juices and oils splattered across my keyboard. I should really do something about that! Ha.
Anyway it was delicious. The recipe served six, so I altered it in order to accomodate us a bit better. Here is the final recipe that I used:
Ingredients I used:
1 (10 ounce) package fresh wild mushroom ravioli
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/2 lb roma tomatoes - seeded and chopped
1 (6.5 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts
1/4 cup chopped green onions
3 cloves crushed garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
self-regulated amount of grated Parmesan cheese
The recipe's directions for said ingredients:
Cook ravioli according to package directions.
While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil over a medium high heat. Add tomatoes, artichokes, scallions, garlic, and salt and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are warmed through. Remove from heat.
Drain pasta well. Transfer to a large bowl, and toss with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Add half of the sauce to the ravioli; toss gently, but thoroughly to mix. Transfer ravioli to a large serving platter. Pour remaining vegetable sauce over ravioli. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
How did I cook this dish? It was more like this:
Chop the tomatoes and the green onions (while pouting because David yelled at you, with GOOD reason) and then pass off the chore to him, as I now attempt to gather the rest of the necessary ingredients for the sauce.
Begin cooking the sauce (before even opening the ravioli package) and frantically add all of the necessary ingredients. Remove the sauce, which reduced much quicker than I had planned, and begin scrambling to find a pot to boil the ravioli in.
After finally getting the noodles cooked, reheat the sauce and toss the ravioli with the oil and eventually, everything else. Allow David to serve the plates and grate the cheese, since I am already far too frantic to be able to.
We drank champagne, ate our pasta, with the deliciously tangy sauce, and followed it up with a creme brule dessert. It was quite good, if I do say so myself!! :D
Similar recipes to try:
Short Rib Ragu (beautiful photos!!)
Shrimp Risotto
1.15.2011
ravioli w/ fresh tomato & artichoke sauce
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment