1.20.2011

rocketship: interview day


I love no other way, originally uploaded by Luminous Lu.

So today was absolutely draining...

The long morning interview process, in my opinion, went extremely well. After these interviews and a lunch with the staff, I got back to work for the rest of the day. I spent time with some children in the RtI program after school and was almost late for the interviews with the parents at RMS.

Luckily that was not the case. I spent an hour and a half chatting it up and trying my best to make a good impression and communicate my views coherently. I don't really know how it went, but I feel pretty good about it... I think.

To make matters worse, I left the meeting and drove to a gas station nearby, since I was at empty, only to find that my debit card was missing. MISSING! I searched frantically, called David, cried a little bit, made other phone calls, until finally a man asked me if he could help. He gave me a $20 bill and I wrote him a check. I filled my tank and got back on the road. It took much longer than I had expected and drained me of whatever bit of energy I still had, but I arrived home safely to a warm hug, steak, and an IPA.

Why the picture you ask?
Well, the worst part of the interview process was my choice to wear stockings, rather than black leggings. Mer. They kept falling down and completely distracted me from what I was there to do. Never again. Not unless I get a garter belt and test it out prior. Double mer.

No comments: