Sound Unlimited., originally uploaded by k.olsonnn.For whatever reason, I am overcome with the desire to be back on stage. Singing in the spotlight and dancing in unison to Broadway numbers from Rent and Jekyll & Hyde!
I miss the incomparable feeling that nothing else in the world matters but that one moment in the spotlight, with the stale air moving at each breath, a curl twisting it's way into your eyes, sequins dropping to the floor, and accompanied by the taps and clicks of character shoes. I miss feeling as if my lungs could explode with each extended note held over the thundering music of the band. I miss beginning each competition with aching legs and abs from the last-minute lift rehearsals, only hours before because someone didn't make grades. I miss losing myself in the music and still hitting every note, beat, and dance move.
If I could keep anything from High School, it would be the opportunities brought about by Show Choir. It was inspiring, uplifting, and it made me who I am today. Confident, bold, and eager to share with others, in whatever way I can. To share my thoughts, my voice, my body, and all of myself. I put all of myself into those performances and I would love to give more of myself in the future as well!
I think you might like to hear something from us
Nice and easy
But theres just one thing
You see we never ever do nothing
Nice and easy
We always do it nice and rough
So were gonna take the beginning of this song
And do it easy
Then were gonna do the finish rough
This is the way we do proud mary
And were rolling, rolling, rolling on the river
Listen to the story
I left a good job in the city
Working for the man every night and day
And I never lost one minute of sleeping
Worrying bout the way things might have been
Big wheel keep on turning
Proud mary keep on burning
And were rolling, rolling
Rolling on the river
♫ Tina Turner
No comments:
Post a Comment