4.28.2008

open, yet undefined, horizons

I finished reading the book today and I am really excited to have the opportunities as an unmarried significant to live life "as robustly, and gospel-conforming, as [I] possibly can" (139). I am offered the "opportunity to realize that it is God who sustains [me]," as I am asked to "specialize in 'creating and protecting emptiness for God.'" Marrieds and significants alike are asked to maintain a "vacancy for God" (145).

The goal of chastity is not to attract Mr. or Miss Right by turning away from others, but to "turn your attention away from sexual and romantic entanglements with other people and orient yourself toward God" (131). Instead of allowing Prince Charming to become the object of your attentions, you must always remember that "God desires your person, your body, more than any man or woman ever will" (129).


If any of the above resonates with you, or if you are just curious to read more from Winner, let me know. I can lend you my book, as long as you don't mind the excessive highlights throughout. For those that want to obtain their own copy, Flood sells them at the table on Sundays and I'm sure they have copies in Borders as well! :D

1 comment:

Kristin said...

um yes. can i borrow?