4.24.2008

overflowing with inspiration

James and the Giant Peach, originally uploaded by perkyNbLue.
I'm costuming James and the Giant Peach again...

I got to explore interesting ways to portray the bugs, keeping them recognizable. Now I'm trying to really step outside of the box with my designs! I think I'm only going to do three designs this time.

I'm redesigning the earthworm, making him purple and allowing him to have arms and legs that he will just not use. His hand will stay in his pockets and he can create fun ways to show that he is not using his legs to walk.

Another that I am redesigning is the ladybug, who looks extremely cutesy in my first design. This time I'm taking her high fashion and making her yellow! :D

The last one that I designed is the Silk Worm, which was not one of the characters that I had to costume before. I love the idea for the costume, which is a tight tube dress with another oversized futuristic dress over it. The dress also has a hood that keeps the character in a sort of shadow as well.

I know that not many people care at all but it's exciting, okay?!
Deal with it!


Gems:
waking up early
"grocery" shopping
buying flowers for myself
willy wonka & wikipedia
full-credit on ed presentation

No comments: