5.06.2008

cover my eyes so my <3 sees

Released, originally uploaded by Shabok.
"I've had enough of living life for only me
And reaching just for the things that keep destroying me
So sick of envying the lives of so many I see
Somehow believing that they have what I need

My God's enough for me
This world has nothing I need
In this whole life I've seen
My God's enough, enough for me

I can't explain why I suffer though I live for You
Those who deny You they have it better than I do
Cover my eyes now so that my heart can finally see
That in the end only You mean anything

My God's enough for me
This world has nothing I need
In this whole life I've seen
My God's enough, enough for me

Who have I in heaven but You
Nothing I desire but You
My heart may fail but not You
You are mine forever

...

My God's enough for me
This world has nothing I need
In this whole life I've seen
My God's enough, enough for me
"
-- BarlowGirl, "Psalm 73 (My God's Enough)"

I sat in my car for nearly thirty minutes just listening to praise music. This song really stood out to me. I identify with it in so many ways. I want to choreograph a dance to it. I would love to perform it for Flood as well. I can't start for another 8-10 days, but I want to do it!

I left a message for Mindi already and it would probably be a mix of jazz, lyrical, and hip hop... But it will be inspired mostly, if not entirely, by the music... Whether or not it follows a particular dance form.

Anyone interested?

2 comments:

vee. said...

can i dance with you?

Anonymous said...

if i could dance...I totally would