Got an ash-wipe?, originally uploaded by perkyNbLue.- Matthew 5:5 (the Message)
What consumes my thoughts and plans?
Right now, the credential program and the paperwork that I'm trying to catch-up on. Each day, I have a bit more to do and a lot less time to do it. It's frustrating, but I know that life will be a MILLION times easier once the program is over.
What holds my dearest allegiance?
Relationships. I'm really broken right now and I'm sure a big reason for that is the lack of time that I have to build and foster relationships. I no longer have a life.
Who or what tells me who I am?
God. I know that I'm nothing without Him and made perfect with Him in my life... I just forget from time to time. I have experienced a closeness with God that surpasses anything else in my life. I miss that time, even though I was suffering more than I could handle on my own. He met me in my suffering.
What gives me security and comfort?
God, faith that I am following His plan, and love from the people that God has put in my life.
What makes me feel whole and complete?
God. No matter how much I enjoy spending time with Greg, swing dancing, the kids at school, they don't encompass who I am. Through Him I have found significance, wholeness, and a purpose. Nothing else can begin to compare.
Who meets my deepest needs?
God. I am still a single woman, a significant person, and in two relationships that mean so much to me. The difference between these two relationships are great now, but I have faith the God has me right where He wants me. Greg shows me each day how precisely God matched the two of us.
"By the sweat of your face You will eat bread till you return to the ground because from it you were taken; For you are dust and to dust you shall return" (Genesis 3:19).
Gems:
time to prepare
great observation
Brenda's confession
seeing Greg
LENT
No comments:
Post a Comment