3.18.2010

he'll recognize a real woman

DPP_0097, originally uploaded by dshack.

I've been thinking a lot about teaching lately, in every capacity, including dance. I am eager to help others to learn and grow comfortable with the social dance scene. The most important thing that they must learn, in my opinion, is how to connect with a partner. This is rarely taught directly in San Diego, since we get new dancers all of the time.

Instead, lessons are move-focused and people get caught up in the mechanics of the steps, rather than the flow of the dance. I want to be able to shift the dancers' focus to the fundamentals of communication in partner dancing.

All this said, I hope to build up my own skills and the confidence that I need to be able to pour into others in the necessary ways. Emily and I have our work cut out for us, but I look forward to working with her and bringing what we have learned to others!

You fly as hell swagga right, brown skin poppin'
You know just how to talk to me, know just how I like it
You turnin' me on, you turnin' me on, you turnin' me on

Now wait a minute little buster
You got one more time to feel on my booty
Better recognize a lady that ain't the way you do me

You turnin' me off, you turnin' me off
You turnin' me off
Better recognize a real woman

(Ahh)
You ever try to get that close to me
You better come correct how you 'proachin' me
Dime divas give it to me
♫ Keri Hilson

No comments: