His eyes, originally uploaded by Eliza[beth] Grace.I had a wonderful day today, spent with my sister and family. Work moved along at a pleasant pace, we relaxed a bit at her apartment after, drove out to Lestat's for an open mic time slot, went to eat dinner, hung out at Dana'a apartment to practice, and drove back to hang out and finally, perform. The performance went well (a lot better than that run-on sentence that you just suffered your way though) and I was happy to have one of my friends come out as well.
One thing that I found out tonight was just how much brassier my voice is compared to my sister's. It's very odd that I never noticed it before, but it's more apparent when I sing higher notes. Either way, it was fun and instead of singing her music, we both got to sing lead vocals for a song.
The song I led was Lisa Loeb's Sandalwood ("I want to kiss the back of your neck, the top of your spine, where your hair hits, and gnaw on your fingertips..."). I always feel a bit odd singing those kinds of lyrics in front of my parents, but it was a bit more comfortable than usual. Thank goodness. Below is the video from the last time we sang together. I think it was about a year and a half ago. Heh.
I can't help you with this thing going on
You got to figure it out yourself, there's a girl you love
I can see it in those eyes, that's the girl you love
I can't help you decide what's going on
I can't help you with this thing called love
Not quite sure how it came about, there's a man I love
He came as a surprise, now he's the man I love
I can't help falling in love with him
And I can't tell you how to do it again
I'm, I'm so in love, I'm so in love...
I'm so in love
♫ Dana Henry
No comments:
Post a Comment