today I became another girl., originally uploaded by rosa joy.I always find it quite interesting to hear about the lives of my friends. Especially those that are drastically different from mine. The world looks so different through the eyes of another person.
Part of me finds serial monogamy (I will explain it in a moment) to misleading and dangerous, while another part of me so desperately wants to make it okay. I think it's a great thing when you can find someone that you connect with, someone who you can dote over, someone who makes you feel good. What I am talking about, however, is when a person moves from one serious relationship to another, with little, to no, time in between.
No time to recollect, to reconsider, to reflect. It may not seem to be much, but it's what made me who I am today. I spent two-three years single, outside of any traditional relationship. Yes, I may have attempted a few dates, but nothing seemed lasting and therefore, unworthy of my time.
Unworthy of my time. There's another thing that seems so damning to a relationship. It's something that seems unkind to say.. about anything really. Still, it is how I address potential suitors and how I will continue to do so, because it makes sense.
If I were to quickly jump into a new relationship each time I found myself single, I wouldn't exist. All that would exist are the fragments of past relationships, heartbreaks, conquests... oh, an a little of me, I suppose. I probably wouldn't know how much I enjoy writing or dancing or coffee shoppes or relationships with other women. Not that I can't or don't do these things in a relationship, but it was during my single moments that I found them.
My single weeks, single months, single years... Does everyone need this much time to find themselves? Probably not. But why not take it? Bask in it. Bask in all that is and can, one day, be you.
Twenty-four little hours
Brought the sun and the flowers
Where there used to be rain
My yesterday was blue, dear
Today I'm a part of you, dear
My lonely nights are through, dear
Since you said you were mine
What a difference a day makes
There's a rainbow before me
Skies above can't be stormy
Since that moment of bliss, that thrilling kiss
It's heaven when you find romance on your menu
What a difference a day made
And the difference is you
♫ Marisa Lindsay
No comments:
Post a Comment