Never Uploaded, originally uploaded by perkyNbLue.
So when I went to visit Em the other night (I'm too lazy to write the last three letters of her name, but not lazy enough to keep from pointing it out), to discuss and rehearse our blues leads, we took a break for dinner and conversing with her roomies. It was great and somehow led us to evaluate her Myers-Briggs personality. And what is the first thing you do with one of these? Of course, find the most personal and potentially embarrassing parts to read aloud. After reading her lovers section and finding very little to call out, I mentioned just how different mine had been.
[ENTJs as Lovers]
ENTJs make aggressive, enthusiastic partners who take their commitments very seriously. As in other aspects of their life, they want to be the leader in the relationship, and take on responsibility for making things work. The are creative leaders, and are likely to have relationships which promote constant growth and learning. Since they are constantly scanning the environment for new ideas and things worth learning, the ENTJ may frequently re-define the "rules" of the relationship, although their commitment remains constant. If it becomes very clear to them that the relationship no longer offers any chance of growth or learning, the ENTJ will leave the situation, and not look back.
The ENTJ is not naturally in-tune with the feelings and emotions of their partners. ENTJs who allow themselves time to be alone, and develop the introspective "feeling" side of their natures, will be generally "softer" individuals, who are more aware of their partners' emotional needs. However, this awareness is almost always a conscious attempt on the part of the ENTJ, rather than a naturally occuring characteristic. ENTJs who do not make the attempt to be aware of others, and to value their feelings and opinions, may find themselves in unbalanced relationships, where real communication does not take place. These kinds of situations present a two-edged sword to the ENTJ. They want to be in charge, but if they become so much in charge as to stifle their partners, they will eventually become bored with the relationship.
Sexually, the ENTJ is robust, imaginative and enthusiastic. Their natural instinct to lead will be apparent in this arena as well as other areas of life, and they will lead their partner on creative lovemaking adventures, where the focus is on mutual learning and affection sharing. They're likely to expect sex on a relatively scheduled basis.
In general, the ENTJ has a lot to offer to their intimate relationships. They're dedicated and enthusiastic, and willing to put forth a lot of effort to make things work out. They take on responsibility and accountability, and expect to be in charge. Their relationship will be one based on mutual respect, constant growth and development.
[ENTJ]EDIT: I find now that I am actually a ENFJ, but the above describes me very well in such a situation. The rest of the profile fits with ENFJ however.
So I left in what was most interesting to me, partly because it's dead-on accurate and partly because it is SO uncomfortable to read something that categorizes you as such. Nothing above is horribly bad, but when I first read this (maybe 2 years ago), it was crushing since I had worked so hard to rewire myself into a more feminine and submissive personality. I couldn't even fool a personality test (that I've now taken twice. same results!), where I'M in control of the answers!!
I think that's how I feel about my life right now... I'm finally taking back the reigns and living it the way I want to. It's not too quick-moving right now and I do hope it picks back up, but for now, I'm okay with my aggressive, creative, and enthusiastic nature that shows most on the dance floor than it ever did before. :)
Now, off to go dancing. Ha.
When you're looking tough but you need a way to let it go
Come on now what's a boy s'posed to do
When i can't seem to leave you alone
Touching me touching you
I wanna be your brother wanna be your father too
Never make you run for cover even if they want us to
I wanna be your sister wanna be your mother too
I wanna be wanna be
Whatever else that touches you
Whatever else that touches you
Whatever else that touches you
If you're ever losing losing your way
Just stop and listen to the things that they say
To avoid confrontation
You walk away
Growing up when i need to compromise
When i've had enough 20 years and i realize
Come on now what's a boy s'posed to do
When i can't seem to leave you alone
Touching me touching you...
No comments:
Post a Comment