Yousavedme., originally uploaded by Kristen Drozdowski..
So, it's official. My sister and I, although similar in some respects, are quite different than we would sometimes care to realize. At lunch (and again on the ride home), we were discussing various happenings as of recently and I, very casually, mentioned how I find people who know how to write well attractive. Now, she found this to be both bizarre and completely normal for me, her nerdy big sister. Ha.
Now, this is not a trait that is possessed by many and I'm not talking about people who simply write grammatically correct, with good spelling. If someone writes regularly to me, using complex sentences and resurrecting words that have fallen out of today's vernacular, he is almost instantly far more interesting and, yes, sexy than he was before!
(Dana did explain a possible reason that this is not true for her... She is a math brain and not very good at writing herself, so she doesn't care much about his ability to write either. It makes sense.)
This is not the sole reason I find myself attracted to people, but most other traits are far more common throughout the female (and male?) population: basic attractiveness, confidence, sense of humor, kind-heartedness... yadda yadda.
The other things that often attract us is someone who is similar to you in various ways: shared likes/dislikes, similarly driven, and so-on. It's even better if that person lacks the characteristics of your personality that you find less-appealing: stubbornness, laziness, etc.
To stress the point of how I am unlike many, in my reaction to men, I will offer only one last insight. One I think is completely justified and ought to shared by ALL women! Once you are above age 20, or so, you should be looking for someone who is more mature... someone who LOOKS more mature as well. What do I mean? Beards, ladies... My friend Will tells me that the majority of men compliment his awesome beard, while the women hint, ever so slightly, at his need to clean up. Really? I don't care for long beards, but I love the grizzly look (and the feeling kissing someone with one as well).
Ha. So, maybe I'll write more about the spiritual revelations in my life tomorrow. As for now, I am satisfied with my writing and a bit curious about your feedback. Please, write back... What do you look for? Am I crazy? Are you crazier?! Lemme know about it. ;)
i think you'll understand.
when i say that something,
i wanna hold your hand...
oh, please, say to me,
you'll let me be your man
and please say to me,
you'll let me hold your hand...
and when i touch you, i feel happy inside.
it's such a feeling that my love, i can't hide...
yeah you,
you've got that something
i think you'll understand
when i feel that something,
i wanna hold your hand...
2 comments:
i much rather andrew have a longer beard or no hair period becuz stubble is straight up annoying and it scratches the hell out of the sensitive skin on my face.
as far as qualities that i go for...i dont know if i necessarily have a type considering ive had some significantly different dating experiences. andrew and i have some similar tastes but i feel like we are more different than similar. also i think part of the reason i really like him is challenges me (my ideas, my beliefs, etc) and we always seem to be able to read each others mind. we finish each others sentences and things like that. ive never experiences that with anyone else. and he reminds me alot of my dad, unlike most other guys ive dated....strangely enough.
Ha. I love it and I love you for actually responding to this!! I think you hit it on the head with the comment about him being like your dad. Freud was totally right about the attraction people have to their parents. It's awkward and socially unacceptable, but true. My dad is a fantastic writer, very clear spoken, sarcastic, and such. The things about your father that DIDN'T completely embarrass you as a child! LoL.
Post a Comment