2.16.2010

yer not perfect, but i don't care

Day 164, 6/12/08, originally uploaded by cortnie dee..


I'm killing the battery on my iPod writing this here, but I just can't ignore this deep desire to write the blog that I have been thinking about since yesterday. My sister and I had time to talk the other day and she shared with me one of the most pressing issues in her life right now. I need to share a but about her for you to understand what I have to say, in it's entirety.

My sister and I fell away from the church when we left home for college. I spent only a year and a half away, while she left for three years. She has had the same boyfriend for four years now and he is not religious.

In the past several months, she has rekindled her faith and enjoys attending church and small groups. She is torn, however, when it comes to her boyfriend, because, although supportive of her faith, he is unwilling to attend any of these functions with her. She now feels like she has this entirely separate life from him and desperately wants to include him in it. Even if that means to meet and chat with her Christian friends outside of church at one point or another.

This has not deterred me from the path I find myself on right now, but it does open my eyes to something that I should really be aware of. If I do start a relationship with someone, at some point, I really need to be open with him and share these concerns that I have about my own faith, admitting to him AND myself that I could possibly rededicate myself to God. It's not something that we would need to address often, but to know that he is willing to attend a religious event for the good of our relationship is important.

As I wrote that last part, it seems selfish. I'm unsure if it is, but I still think it's important. I'm eager to experience new things myself and invest in the lives of my friends, so it's something I hope to put into practice myself as well. :)

This is the way that I know
This is the way that I know
I would give everything for some hope
Are you different, could I be different too?
Nobody knows you, nobody knows you like I do

Cause there's a song outside my window
And it plays to your tune
And there's a life inside this pencil
And it lives for what is true
Cause I am lost for words, the cost for her
Was way to much to bear
You're not perfect, but I don't care

No comments: